David Bowie cult movie The Man Who Fell to Earth is coming soon on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray & Digital in an exclusive steelbook! Here’s all you need to know about this new release!
Great news: the cult-status epic 1976 movie The Man Who Fell to Earth, starring David Bowie as an alien who poses as a human, is coming soon on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital in an exclusive steelbook! Keep reading to find out more about this new release, and where and when to watch the film!
The Man Who Fell to Earth
The protagonist of The Man Who Fell to Earth is Thomas Jerome Newton (David Bowie), a humanoid alien who does exactly what the title suggests. But Thomas comes to Earth on a mission: a distant planet sent him to take water back to them in the midst of a catastrophic drought. This movie is Bowie’s debut feature role, and it tackles themes such as the loneliness of the outsider and the future of today’s world.
Based on the 1963 novel by Paul Mayersberg and directed by sci-fi legend Nicolas Roeg. This timely odyssey gives us a exploration of capitalism and industrialization, and thoughts on the future of humanity.
Release Date: When & Where to Watch The Man Who Fell to Earth
Newly restored for the first time since its 1976 release, this ’70s classic arrives on 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray™ + Digital in an Exclusive Steelbook only at Best Buy on April 25, 2023 from Lionsgate.
Blu-Ray Special Features
Here’s a list of special features you’ll find on the Blu-Ray!
- David Bowie Interview — French TV (1977)
- Interview with Costume Designer May Routh Featuring Original Costume Sketches
- Interview with Stills Photographer David James Featuring Behind-the-Scenes Stills
- Interview with Fan Sam Taylor-Johnson
- Interview with Producer Michael Deeley
- “The Lost Soundtracks” Featurette, Featuring Interviews with Paul Buckmaster and Author Chris Campion
- Interview with Candy Clark
- Interview with Writer Paul Mayersberg
- Interview with Cinematographer Tony Richmond
- Interview with Director Nicolas Roeg